Wednesday, July 23, 2008

This Does Not Constitute an Endorsement!

So, there he was - Sen. Obama in a palace ballroom converted into a rec-room packed with Coalition service members. He spoke to the troops for about five minutes, then he tried to work his way around as best he could, shaking hands, signing books and talking individuals photos with people in the crowd. And I was missing it all because I was sitting at my desk. I agreed to let one of my co-workers to go up to the meet and greet while I stayed at our desk to staff the phones. After a short time, I could hear people walking back from the event talking about getting autographs and photos. I felt like Cinderella not being able to go to the ball. So, I plotted to get my photo.

After my co-worker came back, I went looking for the Senator from Illinois. Long story short, I found where he was, waited with a small group of people, then snapped the photo above. he didn't have time to take an individual picture with each of us though, he said, because he was going to another briefing. It was about 10:45 Monday night, and he was still working. At least, he shook my hand.

By the way, as of this posting, I have about 75 days or 10.81 Sundays left before returning home.

No comments:

Sign Up for 52 Sundays
Email: