They call me short-timer these days. I have 1.95 Sundays to go in Iraq. I'm trying my best to focus on the job, but it's like the last few days of school right before summer vacation. For the most part, I am all packed. I'm giving away books or magazines that I still have. I'm thinking about my time here as well.
More than a year ago, I began the process to come here. Throughout the two-week training at Ft. Jackson, S.C. and desert training in Kuwait, there was a consistent refrain from some of my fellow service members: why are we going to Iraq? Some believed we were "fighting for our freedom." Others completely disagreed with that. A few more felt we needed to clean up the mess made earlier during the war. Personally, I have more questions than answers. One thing has become perfectly clear - life can be fragile and shouldn't be taken for granted. I won't let that happen once I get home.
Time left in Baghdad:
Sundays 1.95
Days 13.64
Hours 327.28
Minutes 19,636.96
Seconds 1,178,218

No comments:
Post a Comment