Thursday, October 9, 2008

What's Next...

I made it to Kuwait today, a day before my scheduled departure because I put myself on a waiting list, and a seat was available for an earlier flight from Baghdad. That's the advantage of not being deployed by myself and not with a unit.

I'll be in Kuwait for the next few days. I need to turn in most of the military gear I received, which should take about 90 minutes. Then I will have to attend a briefing that will help me "re-acclimate" to the non-war world (don't beat your family members, talk to someone if you believe you have PTSD, let us know if you have any ailments, etc.). I was told that takes no more than two to three hours. Then I hang out in Kuwait until my scheduled flights leaves. My next stop after Kuwait is beautiful Gulfport, MS, for more military processing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are on your way home. May you have travelling grace on your journey. Thank you for your service for our country.

Sign Up for 52 Sundays
Email: